Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Libres quebrados, pero…

The problem as turned out was my video card, which is supposedly spoiled. Strangely though, when it's plugged in, the system fan still runs as per normal.

Perhaps it just needs some rest time, as Ashton said, because sometimes graphics card do miraculously come back in time.

So right now, I'm surviving on an 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, which is pretty the basic card to run all things, no problem... Just that I don't have the privilege of playing my COD4 or even CS:S, since I have considerably downgraded from the original 256MB ATI Radeon 9600... Page memory is not too high for these games.

Should I succumb to temptation and head for the Sim Lim Square tomorrow to get a graphics card. It's AGP, so I don't have to spend much... About $150 and I can get a quality one, complete with the Shaders 3.0 technology.

Or, an alternative is that there is an IT fair up ahead (not sure when, I've heard it's this weekend, or it's over) and buy parts there. But I always thought IT fairs were like for equipment such as laptops and printers. Hardware, even if sold, shouldn't cost too different from the main outlets selling.

Either way, I hope to get to playing my games soon. Haha...